The Lost Isles of Rheytonnia
Geography of Greater Rheytonnia
Geography of Greater RheytonniaThe area known as “Greater Rheytonnia” consists of an island chain centered roughly in the center of the . It consists of 8 primary islands, with Rheytonnia being the largest by far. From south to north, the islands in the chain are as follows:
- Dagger Isle- a small island in the shape of a blade, it’s central volcano is highly active and erupts on a roughly 13 year cycle.
- Scarlia- A jungle-filled island, home to many species not found anywhere else in the Isles. It is home to a small trading port, and rumors of vicious, brain eating monsters roaming the jungle abound.
- Rheytonnia- the largest of the islands, it is the namesake for the entire island chain. The majority of the population dwells here, with three large cities on the coasts- Tarengyre in the northwest and capital, Wallis on the southern tip, and Laudun in the Bay of Tears on the east coast.
- Shea- A small, barren island with little to speak of that lies between Zwergholme and Rheytonnia
- Zwergholme- The third largest island, it is highly mountainous and claimed by the dwarven kingdom of Zwerg.
- Vierland- The second largest island, it is home to a kingdom of humans who lived as seagoing raiders only a century ago. They fiercely defend their new homeland from any who try to encroach upon it.
- The Blasted Isle- This cursed place was once home to a prosperous Sidhe city, before the Unseelie unleashed the Porth Tywyll, destroying themselves and everything on the island.
Additionally, there is an 8th island in the southeast- the Crescent Atol. This verdant, crescent moon shaped island is claimed entirely by the mysterious Sidhe. It is not on any man-made navigation chart, and those few who happen upon by chance are swiftly sent on their way.